Civil & Structural Design Engineering
The role of the Civil & structural Design is a key component in the construction process. Part of the wider discipline of civil engineering, structural engineering is concerned with the design and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures, like tunnels and bridges. Structural engineers have wide range of responsibilities – not least a duty to ensure the safety and durability of the project on which they are working.
Unlike architects, who must focus on the appearance, shape, size and use of the building, structural engineers must solve technical problems – and help the architect achieve his or her vision for the project.
Design: Many structural engineers deal primarily in the design of structures – calculating the loads and stresses the construction will have to safely withstand. Structural engineers should be able to factor in the different qualities and strengths delivered by a range of building materials, and understand how to incorporate support beams, columns and foundations.
- Introduction to industry and industrial systems e.g. Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, Power, Energy, Pharmaceutical etc.
- Role of civil engineers in various fields
- Inputs from various departments and output
- Concept of Analysis and Loading Calculations
- Concrete Structure Design with relevant codes & standards
- Steel Structure Design with relevant codes & standards
- Equipment supporting structures and foundations
- Pipe Racks and Sleepers
- General Civil Works – Roads, Drains, CRWS (Contaminated Rain Water Sewer), OWS (Oily Water Sewer), Paving, Dyke wall, Tank Farm Area, Boundary wall, fence, gate Local support and platforms
- Special Facilities – Cooling Tower, Flare Stack, Chimney
- Computer Aided Analysis and Design
Smartbrains Engineers & Technologist Pvt. Ltd. uses mixes of techniques aligned to a unique pedagogy which is Goal-Centric & Action Oriented. Demonstrates Case Studies using the statistical tools, exercises & brainstorming using Adaptive Probing Methodology along with classroom theories and live Project exposure. Delivered by Senior Industry Professionals having extensive experience in their core domain.
Audience for CIVIL & STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEERING
- Purchase, Design, Fabrication, Inspection of STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING
- Civil engineers
- Project Managers
Eligibility for CIVIL & STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEERING
- Tech / B.E in Civil engineering / Production Engineering
- Diploma in Civil engineering / Production Engineering
- M .Tech / M.E in Civil engineering / Production Engineering
Scope & Career of CIVIL & STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEERING
- Design (initiating ideas, feasibility analysis, technical supervision, safety of finished structures, converting an architects visions into functional reality, etc.)
- Management of projects, personnel, finances, materials and production.
- Maintenance, and ultimately demolition.
- Risk assessment for public protection, defining and maintaining safety standards and the carrying out of structural integrity assessments.
- Acting in a watchdog role by ensuring compliance with National Building Regulations, planning and safety legislation.
- Research and teaching
Career of STRUCTURAL Engineering
- Commercial Buildings needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Airports needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Shopping Malls needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Hospitals , Office complex needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Residential buildings needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Petro Chemical Complex needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Oil & gas need STRUCTURAL engineering
- Off shore Industry needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Refinery needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Industrial plants needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Energy sector needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Chemical process needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- EPC industry needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Consulting engineering needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Pharmaceutical industry needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Project & Construction needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Cement and Fertilizer needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Power plants needs STRUCTURAL engineering
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes