With the recent media focuses on production and supply scenarios and political turmoil in many oil producing nations, the engineer engaged in consultation to the petroleum industry should have a basic background on the petroleum exploration, production, supply/demand and logistics. The simplest version of finding crude oil (exploration) transferring crude oil to refineries (production & refining) and finally ending up in our autos (downstream marketing) will be focused of this course.
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
- From a basic understanding of the exploration, production, and refining of crude oil and petrol-chemicals;
- Be familiar with the complex and logistical hurdles that must be solved to supply petroleum products to the public;
- See data on World and US petroleum supply-demand and future estimates of crude oil reserves;
- Have petroleum industry internet links available for future research and understanding;
- Understand basic supply/demand of petroleum products and the outlook for maintaining world demand;
- Learn about the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR); and
- Have a better understanding of the engineering requirements and other regulatory provisions for downstream petroleum marketers.
This course is intended for a geologist, civil, environmental, petroleum and mechanical engineers.
Benefit to Attendees
The attendee of this course will be more informed on the complex world of petroleum energy.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 54 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 28
- Assessments Yes